ImprovIT’s approach to IT improvement is based upon a strong understanding of the key drivers of cost and performance in the delivery of IT services and comparing these to best practice in the most relevant comparable group.
This involves two components:
- Identification of the interdependent drivers affecting IT efficiency and performance
- Detailed IT metrics data
ImprovIT activities are designed to help improve IT service and cost constituting the total value of IT. We provide executives and senior management with data-based insights required to trigger and support decisions aimed at driving improvements, optimisation and transformation imperatives, backed by fact-based business cases and clearly defined goals.
Our IT Benchmarking assignments are an effective tool to “Improve IT” based on the way we update and manage our market data. We gather, store and analyse data at the item level on eight inter-related parameters, which are the key drivers of cost and performance of IT delivery. This approach ensures the client benefits from more accurate results, closer apples-to-apples peer comparisons and greater visibility of options using our virtual modelling simulation techniques.
This analytical approach and use of validated, real-world peer metrics helps ImprovIT advise its clients on challenging decisions and questions. The data used in these engagements is sensitive to context, and therefore allows for accurate comparisons.
Examples of questions that drive our studies are:
- How much should I pay for IT services in the market today?
- Am I getting “Value for Money” from my IT Spend?
- What is the best mix of delivery models for my services, in-house, outsourced or cloud?
- Can I deliver a better service if I brought the outsourced contract in-house?
- How can I manage my IT budget more effectively?
- What is the best method to design and implement an ERP Solution?
- Which providers are capable of delivering our IT transformation requirements?
- How long should a large infrastructure refresh take and which technology should I choose?
If any of this sounds familiar and you have challenges requiring an independent expert perspective, you need ImprovIT to help “Improve your IT”. Contact us to discuss your specific requirements.